EASY + DELICIOUS
CHICKPEA SALAD SANWICH
Stop what you are doing! Right. Now. I have the easiest, simplest lunch for you today!
If you have stepped into my home (or seen any of my recipes) you know that on a typical day my pantry is completely filled with chickpeas. They are so versitile! So the other day when I was having a supply-challenge lunch delema (You know when you’re at the very end of your week, need to go grocery shopping, and have nothing but cans of tomatoes and some old carrots? Yeah.) I opened my pantry to discover:
ONE more can of chickpeas! Score!
This salad can be eaten on its own, or on top of toasted Ezekial bread. You could add some lettuce, or even have it in a wrap! The possibilites are endless, my friend! By pulsing the chickpeas in the food a few times, it makes this delicious thick texture that is perfectly balanced by adding fresh + lightness with carrots and sunflower seeds. And as always…ya gotta add some greens!
(Optional, but totally mandatory for me on this sandwich; Organic (Vegan) Butter Pickles + Trader Joe’s Everything But The Bagel Seasoning)
Enjoy! And if you decide to share on Instagram, tag me @ashleystjohnyoga + #LIYYogis #LIYKitchen <3 I’d love to see and be inspired by any changes you make!
- 1 Can Chickpeas
- 2 tbs Dijon Mustard
- 2 tbs Vegan Mayo
- 1 Handful Chopped Baby Spinach
- 2 pieces of Ezekial Bread, Toasted
- 1 Handful of Carrots
- 3 tbs Sunflower Seeds
- Dash of Onion Powder + TJ’s Everything But the Bagel Seasoning
- Butter Pickles (Optional)
CHICKPEA SALAD SANDWICH
“By pulsing the chickpeas in the food a few times, it makes this delicious thick texture that is perfectly balanced by adding fresh + lightness with carrots and sunflower seeds. And as always…ya gotta add some greens!”
1. Pulse carrots in food processer until shredded (or shred with a hand grater)
2. Add in chickpeas until texture is chunky (not smooth or hummus-like!)
3. Spoon mixture into bowl + add sunflowers seeds, spincach, onion powder, mustard, mayo + TJ seasoning.
4. Spoon onto a piece of toasted Ezekial Bread, and top 2nd piece of toast with a few pickles + extra dash of TJ seasoning.
More purpose, less doubt — this takes practice, but I got your back! <3